Saturday 18 July 2015

Leather, burgundy and a little history


   
   When I moved in Aberdeen I was looking on the internet for local attractions and so I discovered a little gem. I wanted so much to go and explore the historical and delightful corner of Aberdeen. Finally I got there.
   It's about the village of Footdee, known locally as 'Fittie', a little village inside a city. 
   It's an old and small fishing village at the east end of the harbour. The cottages are uniquely decorated, some of them have lovely small garden plots and potted flowers. Some fish families are still living in the houses, but the area is no longer predominately lived by fisherfolk.
   When we were walking around and admiring the houses and the gardens, it felt like taking a step back in time. 
   A very nice place, we loved it!It is worth visiting it, just to take a look at the tiny fairytale cottages. 


















No comments :

Post a Comment